Ultra Society 2017 Mid-Summer Special Event
The BUS Anniversary Run 40-Mile / 40-Kilometer
Saturday - June 3rd, 2017 - 8:15 AM Start
race took place on Saturday, June 3rd in nice weather in
Alley Pond Park. Here are some of the details:
Be sure to check back here for more info, registration, and course details as they become available.
- The event will be 2 races in one: a 40-kilometer and a 40-miler, but not
separate. If you reach 40K you can go on to 40 miles, or not.
- The course will be a rolling 5-kilometer loop (actuallly 3.08 miles) on macadam pedestrian paths
- Complete 8 loops for 40K, and 13 loops for 40 miles.
- There will also be a "marathon" mark after 8 loops plus 1.58 miles. Your time will be recorded at this "split".
- Both races will start at 8:15AM, in the Alley Springfield section of Alley
Pond Park (near 76th Ave & Springfield Blvd, Queens, NY).
- Manual registration & fee-free on-line UltraSignup is now open.
- $40 for BUS members; $50 for Non-members.
- This will be a 2017 NYUR Grand Prix event.
Note: The BUS 6-Hour Pajama Romp is scheduled for Saturday, July 22nd in Astoria Park, but will NOT be a Grand Prix event in 2017.