ULTRARUNNING GRAND PRIX 2011 RULES
NO CHANGES FROM 2010 RULES!!!!
SIGNIFICANT RULES REQUIRING SPECIAL MENTION:
Maximum scoring races: Currently
there are 6 events in the 2011 New York Ultra Running Grand Prix series. The
2. The special scoring for the Caumsett 50 K (paragraph 13) has been maintained. This section was added to maintain the importance of the Caumsett 50K in the series. The Caumsett 50K was a USATF national championship and thus there was significant participation of runners from other parts of the country. These non-local runners, many of who are nationally ranked runners, likely will not enter any other races of the Grand Prix. Therefore, the race will be scored at the end of the series omitting the placing of any participant that has not participated in any other Grand Prix event. Until the end of the series, the points earned in the Caumsett will be included in the reported totals. They will appear in red and obviously will be subject to change at the end of the series in October.
1. Any entrant into a Grand Prix event is automatically entered into the Grand Prix Championship series. There is no additional fee.
2. The following awards will be presented:
a. Grand Prix Champion, Second Place Overall, and Third Place Overall (Male and Female)
1. 39 and below
9. 76 and over
c. Special Award for anyone completing all races!!!!
a. Caumsett 50K (3/6/11)
b. BUS 6 Hour (4/2/11)
c. Sybil Ludington 50K (4/16/11)
d. Long Island Greenbelt Trail 50K (5/7/11)
e. NY Pioneer 100 mile (5/28-30/11)/Queens 50K (5/28/11)
f. 6 Hour-60th Birthday Run (10/16/11)
5. Participants must COMPLETE a minimum of 2 races. Complete means to finish in the maximum time allowed. A marathon distance (26.2 miles) must be completed in 6-hour races, 40 miles must be completed in 12-hour races, and 50 miles must be completed in 24-hour races to be considered to have completed the race.
6. Although individuals may compete in all races, only the number of races, as specified below, in which the participant earns the most number of points will count in the total to determine the awards. It may be that different races will count in the separate calculations of the Grand Prix Overall Championship and Age Group Awards.
a. Men-3 races (if 6 events), 4 races (if 7 or more events)
b. Women-3 races
7. For each race the order of finish of all participants will be determined (separate for men and women) and each participant will be awarded points based on the order of finish.
a. First Place-1000 points k. Eleventh Place-425 points
b. Second Place-800 points l. Twelfth Place-400 points
c. Third Place-700 points m. Thirteenth Place-375 points
d. Fourth Place-650 points n. Fourteenth Place-350 points
e. Fifth Place-605 points o. Fifteenth Place-325 points
f. Sixth Place-565 points p. Sixteenth Place-300 points
g. Seventh Place-530 points q. Seventeenth Place-275 points
h. Eighth Place-500 points r. Eighteenth Place-250 points
i. Ninth Place-475 points s. Nineteenth Place-225 points
Tenth Place-450 points t.
a. First Place-100 points f. Sixth Place-45 points
b. Second Place-80 points g. Seventh Place-40 points
c. Third Place-65 points h. Eighth Place-35 points
d. Fourth Place-55 points i. Ninth Place-30 points
e. Fifth Place-50 points j.